So I wasn't kidding when I said I was bad at this blogging thing. Next month will be two years since my last post. My life is just so fun and interesting that I can hardly believe I didn't write about it!! FYI - I can be very sarcastic!!
I can't say too much has really happened in my life that warrants me to go back over the last two years. I am still married (just over 4 years now). I still own my own home (5 and a half years) with my wonderful pond (pond is drained at the moment, not so wonderful) and lovely nature! My canine children have gotten older. My oldest (Sausage Roll) is just over 7 and a half years. My youngest (Crackpot) is 2 and a half years. He is still just as crazy, but has recently been diagnosed with a disease. My poor baby. I am working at the same job, hoping to have a promotion and pay raise within the next month!! Keep your fingers crossed! I have the same amount of niece and nephews. However, a few of my good girlfriends had babies and I am sure eventually they will be calling me Aunt! Someday I hope to give them all cousins. If the hubby has his way, it won't be for another 10 years. I might be dried up by then!!
Back to my baby and his disease. He has Addison's Disease, an adrenal gland disease. [http://www.addisonsdiseaseindogs.com/] He has to take a pill everyday & get monthly shots for the rest of his life. He is a hunting dog and he is not allowed to get stressed. My hubby hasn't taken him since he has been diagnosed, but the vet says he should be fine and to just double up on his medication before and maybe after. We have plenty of time before the bird season starts before I have to start worrying. One of the awful side affects to this disease is that my baby had to pee a lot even though I have restricted his water access. He has had several accidents in the house through the night. He has peed in my bed twice, on the couch three times and a river on my floor three or four times. I can't be mad, it's not his fault. However, I am not too sure that he is crying and trying to wake me up. I am thinking the accidents on the couch and bed were while he was sleeping and didn't know he went until he woke up. That's what I am telling myself so I am not mad at him. For this anyway. He still has a bad habit of chewing on objects other than his bones, even though he has many! Every time I leave the house I have to make sure that all rooms are blocked off and nothing is in reach of his mouth. Such a pain. I will have to tell you later a funny/obsessive/paranoid thing I do every time I leave the house. You might think I am crazy! I will get into that a little later.
Sausage Roll is just as wonderful as ever. He can be a pain in the butt too, but that's because he just wants love and attention. There is not much a I can say about him. He does nothing wrong.
Ok, so I guess I will get into my funny/slightly OCD/paranoid action every time I leave my house. I am not too sure if I want to divulge this bit of weirdness. You might think differently of me, then again, do I care! I am weird and I am proud of it!! Ok, so I have baby gates that block off three to four rooms (the bathroom depends on the weather [if I just close the door or not - no ac in my house]) of my house. I also have a guest room that I just close the door on, until the renovation is complete anyway, then I will have to purchase another gate. These rooms all have to be blocked off or closed so I know that Crackpot has no chance of getting in them and chewing on something I don't want him chewing on. He has ruined way too many valuable items for me to let him roam free. Sausage Roll is allowed to roam free when we/I take Crackpot somewhere. In addition to always making sure that my rooms are blocked off, I need to make sure my house is completely locked up. Here is where the paranoia comes into play. I am paranoid that someone is going to break into my house and rob me. I know things are replaceable, however, I never wanted to replace my possessions; I never wanted to spend money to buy things I already owned. I am not cheap, but I am frugal and I don't like spending money. I have gotten a little better with the not wanting to replace things. I am also terrified that the robber(s) will get into my filing cabinet where I keep all our important & financial documents. I really don't want to have to close accounts and start fresh. That would be too much of a pain in the ass. Anyway, onto my weirdness. Ok, so once I have all items in my arms that are coming with me, I move from gate/door to gate/door and say in my head a little chant. I start with my guest room, move onto my bathroom, to my office, to my kitchen (look at the back door over the kitchen gate) onto my bedroom to the front door and finally ending with the basement door. Here is my chant, "guestroom shut. guestroom shut, bathroom shut. guestroom, bathroom, office shut. guestroom, bathroom, office, kitchen shut. guestroom, bathroom, office, kitchen, bedroom shut. rooms shut. rooms shut, upstairs locked (have now locked/and checked the front door is locked). rooms shut, upstairs locked. repeat until get to basement door (either from the inside or from the outside, lock or check that is locked). rooms shut, upstairs locked, house locked. repeat over and over again until I am sure I know I will remember that I have closed off all my rooms and locked up my house. At one time I used to include the backdoor in the chant. I would go from room to room, back door to front door (saying back door locked with rooms shut until I got to front door then could switch to upstairs locked). In the winter this chant gets really long and easily forgotten so I sometimes write it down in a pad that I just have to check later if I forget if I locked up or not. In the winter I have to throw in "fire down". We have a wood burning stove that we use as our only heat source. I have to add wood to the stove before I leave the house and god forbid I forget if I shut this or not. I could go home to no home. I once called my mother and made her go to my house to make sure the stove was closed. In the winter the chant goes, rooms shut, fire down, house locked. Such a pain!!
You think I am only crazy about my house? I do a chant for my car, my work computer and desk drawer (also at work). When I leave my car the chant is; lights off, windows up, doors locked. Even though I say this in my head all the way to the front door of the building and sometimes beyond, I still click the lock button on my remote and hear it lock (it makes a beep noise if you press the button twice). When I leave my desk at work for lunch or the end of the day I like to make sure that my computer is logged off and my one set of drawers is locked. So as I walk away from my cubicle, I chant, computer down, drawer locked. And as with my car (and also my house sometimes) even though I am saying my chant over and over again, I have to walk back and double check that the computer is in fact logged off and my drawer is locked. When I say I do the same with my house, there are times that even though I have said my chant, I go back to my doors (after being in my car) and make sure they are locked. I am sick in the head.
Ok, I really need to get off of here and start working. That's where I'm at and I should really start doing what I get paid for!
Photo: Source
Photo: Source


No comments:
Post a Comment