Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I am so bad at this

I am so bad at this writing thing. This is why all my journals have months, sometimes years in between posts. I also haven't had much time to write, which I need to do while I am at work. I know, that's bad, but my computer at home is a bitch and will not stay on for more than a sentence. It is pissing me off, must be female!!

Not too much has been happening. My life during the week is pretty monotonous. I get up, go to work, come home, make lunches, set the coffee, make dinner, watch tv, go to bed. Then I get up and do it all over again. Boring!!

My weekends have been and will continue to be, jam packed with activities. I don't remember too much of what I did two weekends ago, I know on Sunday we had a bbq for a friend's birthday. I think Saturday, hubby and I had dinner with another couple then they came back to our house and we all sat at the bar and drank.

This past weekend, I had the privilege of sitting home on Saturday to wait for the washing machine repair man, AGAIN! I just love the 8 to 5 windows, NOT! At night we went to a bbq for hubby's brother. Hot as hell! I got thrown into the pool just b/c the hubby through his cousin in and his cousin's husband had to avenge for his wife. Lucky me! I wouldn't have cared if I had a swim suit on and not jean capri pants, not a comfortable feeling. It was also cool by then so I was freezing and had nothing to change into. There was an event at the party that was not so much fun, but I won't get into that.

Sunday we had my girlfriend's Bridal Shower that I am a bridesmaid for. It was a Western Theme and outdoors in the FUCKING HOT AS HELL weather. We would have made due, we had fans going and it was ok. Of course my face was a tomato! Then they decided we needed to move into the house. Have you ever moved an entire bridal shower into a house after it was all set up outside, hot food and all! Not a fun chore. You should have seen the red in my face then. The house, for me, was not much cooler. Especially when the bride started opening her presents. I had the job to move them down the hall. I just could not cool down. It was so bad that all the mom's in the crown wanted me to sit down and take a break. They didn't like how my face was bright red and sweating profusely. They were a little worried. I am a trooper and continued my task at hand. I am used to the hotness and red face I get when I am working hard and hot. After all the guests finally left, I got to move all the presents again to the basement. I had help this time. Needless to say, by the end of the night, I was done. I got into my NO AC car and drove home. Luckily, I am not too far from my girlfriends. I took the coldest shower, it felt so good. Then I relaxed with a nice fat bowl, if you know what I mean!

Speaking of the no ac in my car, it fucking sucks. I have not had ac for a couple of weeks now, but the first available time I was going to take off of work and get it fixed, I had to stay home and wait for my washing machine repaid man to come, this was Friday the 11th. Of course the guy had to order a crap load of parts for my piece of crap washing machine that I had to wait and have him come back, hence my Saturday! If this fucking machine breaks again, they will replace it or else! So anyway, back to the no ac. It has not been fun driving home after work dying of the heat. I miss my ac, I need my ac. I have been traveling with a small hand held fan that only blows hot air when it is on. No point in using it. So this Friday, our office is closing early and I am finally going to get a VERY long awaited oil change (over 4,000 miles over due - for many reasons, I am usually very good about getting it done on time) and my ac fixed. I hope it is an easy job and there isn't a hole or something else that is going to cost me a lot of money.

In other news, not too sure if I have mentioned this before, but I got a promotion at work. I didn't get the money raise I had wanted, but it was something and long over due! Not to be so modest, but it is! The raise starts with this coming pay check. Hopefully, we will have enough to cover our mortgage b/c hubby hasn't worked for a couple of weeks for his normal job, not a lot of work for them. Not a good thing. We shall see.

I am exciting for this coming weekend. My oldest brother, I might have called him bro1, but who the hell remembers, and his family are coming up for a visit. They are going to see my other brother's newest son for the first time. They live several hours away, so we don't get to see them very often. My Saturday is going to be a very busy day for me. I have been the chosen one to take my father for his shots (for a neck and back problem) which are very early am. My father has a problem, he has to get up and start everything very early. It wouldn't be such a bad thing if it wasn't as early as 6 am that I have to pick him up. Hopefully this time, they won't be late and keep him as long as they did last time. I sat in the car for several hours waiting for him to be finished. Of course it was hot that day too, but at that point I had been used to the no ac, so I would only turn it on when I got too hot. Then I would have to turn it off right away b/c I was too cold from not being used to ac. I got a lot of my book read. That's always a good thing. Saturday day, I have a bbq at my girlfriends house down south Jersey. Saturday night, I hope to be spending with bro1, his clan and the rest of the crew!

This post is way too long already, so I will end for now. I have to take my lunch break anyway and my boys treats. They are all out. Update on my boys, CrackPot keeps getting bigger, faster and nuttier. Sausage Roll, should probably no longer be called Sausage Roll b/c he is losing so much weight. I should just call him cuddelbug, but they are both cuddlebugs, so that wouldn't work. Now, I am really leaving. Enjoy your day and stay cool!

Photo: Source

No comments: